I recently had the opportunity to do someone else’s hair with the 1-UP.
I’m very happy to say that it worked first go!
It was such a quick moment in time that I didn’t even think to take a photo – very unlike me.
I’ll get some proper instructions up soon, in the interim see if this is any help:
1. Make the loop as normal ( i did similar to the two hand version http://compartmentseventy6.co.uk/blog/?p=845)
2. Put it over the other person’s head, same position (like a headband) as you would on yourself
3. Stand behind the person
4. Pull the elastic, while slowly directing the loop towards the back of the head
5. When ponytail is in desired position, pull tight on the elastic
6. Wrap the loose ends around the pony tail